0 ONLINE NOW

play.thedestinymc.com

0 PLAYERS ONLINE

I want MCMMO or some other big gameplay change

Would you want MCMMO?

• Total voters

Avel

Thread starter #1
It's weird being on this new forum, but hi DestinyMC.

Well, since no one really listens to the suggestions on the Chaotic discord (not a bash, just stating that long form suggestions don't make sense for a chatting service), I'm hoping I can post it here.

I really want MCMMO. It's not that I want it in particular, but Chaotic needs something fresh or it's going to die again. There's been no significant changes since I joined in 3.0, besides mine and spawn redesigns (and this one is the worst so far imo, but I'll get back to that later). MCMMO would add another desperately needed layer of complexity. As of now, the only things to do are mine, PvP, and build; but mining gets boring, PvP doesn't happen, and a lot of people are just shit at building, don't have all the blocks they want for building, or have built all the stuff they already wanted on their 25x25 plots in previous resets. MCMMO would let us grind other stuff, and would liven up the PvP, which has always been the same thing: 2-4 sets of prot 4+ armor, strength and speed pots, gapples, and some strong sword. Why not spice it up?

I understand and respect Owning's opinion that it just "doesn't work with Chaotic", but I think that Chaotic has to change in one way or another and this is just my suggestion. I've always been a big proponent of MCMMO being on Chaotic, but that's not because I'm a big fan of MCMMO; I just want some sort of major gameplay change to Chaotic. It could be a wild, a better gang system, a mob spawner economy. And, I would have to disagree with what Owning says on how it doesn't work with Chaotic because to me, Chaotic has always been about its community of strangely old, paste eating dipshits, and not its prison gameplay. Although Owning's been on the server much longer than me (no shit) and has a much better understanding of it than me, I think Chaotic's value is completely disconnected from its gameplay because everything about how you play it is completely unremarkable, from its brain-dead super pickaxes mining to... well I was looking for another example of what people do on Chaotic, but that's pretty much all anyone does now. The people on it though are fun to talk to and shit on.

Sidenote: I really hate how spawn looks. The ceiling is cool, with the glass dome thing, but the rest is just gray and so bereft of personality, with minimal detail. The PvP is the worst part, though. For a while, parkour has been a staple at spawn, where you can get to the top and camp to wait out your combat tag or, with a well-timed arrow, shoot yourself back into spawn. That shit was sick, but now spawn has nothing. If you fall down, you just wait for someone else to go down, and if they outnumber you, you're dead. But with parkour, you can outplay and outlast, with a better, more skillful way of running than just going in circles.

It's weird being on this new forum, but hi DestinyMC.

Well, since no one really listens to the suggestions on the Chaotic discord (not a bash, just stating that long form suggestions don't make sense for a chatting service), I'm hoping I can post it here.

I really want MCMMO. It's not that I want it in particular, but Chaotic needs something fresh or it's going to die again. There's been no significant changes since I joined in 3.0, besides mine and spawn redesigns (and this one is the worst so far imo, but I'll get back to that later). MCMMO would add another desperately needed layer of complexity. As of now, the only things to do are mine, PvP, and build; but mining gets boring, PvP doesn't happen, and a lot of people are just shit at building, don't have all the blocks they want for building, or have built all the stuff they already wanted on their 25x25 plots in previous resets. MCMMO would let us grind other stuff, and would liven up the PvP, which has always been the same thing: 2-4 sets of prot 4+ armor, strength and speed pots, gapples, and some strong sword. Why not spice it up?

I understand and respect Owning's opinion that it just "doesn't work with Chaotic", but I think that Chaotic has to change in one way or another and this is just my suggestion. I've always been a big proponent of MCMMO being on Chaotic, but that's not because I'm a big fan of MCMMO; I just want some sort of major gameplay change to Chaotic. It could be a wild, a better gang system, a mob spawner economy. And, I would have to disagree with what Owning says on how it doesn't work with Chaotic because to me, Chaotic has always been about its community of strangely old, paste eating dipshits, and not its prison gameplay. Although Owning's been on the server much longer than me (no shit) and has a much better understanding of it than me, I think Chaotic's value is completely disconnected from its gameplay because everything about how you play it is completely unremarkable, from its brain-dead super pickaxes mining to... well I was looking for another example of what people do on Chaotic, but that's pretty much all anyone does now. The people on it though are fun to talk to and shit on.

Sidenote: I really hate how spawn looks. The ceiling is cool, with the glass dome thing, but the rest is just gray and so bereft of personality, with minimal detail. The PvP is the worst part, though. For a while, parkour has been a staple at spawn, where you can get to the top and camp to wait out your combat tag or, with a well-timed arrow, shoot yourself back into spawn. That shit was sick, but now spawn has nothing. If you fall down, you just wait for someone else to go down, and if they outnumber you, you're dead. But with parkour, you can outplay and outlast, with a better, more skillful way of running than just going in circles.
I agree 100% with having Mcmmo however, I disagree about chaotic dying again. It’s a network now so that’ll keep it going. We do need more things to do and things to keep us busy.